last mention of my lonestar state friend & her dynamic duo was posted shortly after one of the twinkies had a tonsillectomy. an update on their status of affairs in the days since:
- "i'm gonna be so mad if you play with my toys. i will be curious!"
- explaining renewable resources to a four year old on pain meds is torturous. i did learn something. plex, the robot on yo gabba, can actually create water. i'd like to invest in a couple of those for the future.
- thankful for nick jr at 2am. pain meds, an orange push, and more yelling at mom...
- it is now past 11 and jabberjaws has neosporin smeared all over his face like greasy cold cream for some unknown reason & thinks i am amused by chicken crossing the road jokes. he insists on drinking his drink with a syringe slowly. hydrocodone may help his pain but it is killing me.
- ever drive out of the driveway after a long day to accomplish one last errand and wish you could just keep driving for a little while to get some space or quiet or something untangeable? i need a tree house where no one can ask me for one more thing
- (the patient) seems to be turning a corner this morning! last night was rough but today is looking up! so happy, guess i won't run away just yet!
hang in there, my friend! please know that if/when you decide to run away, i expect a phone call AND the chance to ride shotgun ;)